Huge Savings Item! Save 19% on the COMP Cams 4771-16 ID Spring Locators - 1.550'' OD.570'' ID.060'' Thickness by Comp Cams at Split Racing. MPN: 4771-16. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. COMP Cams offers a simple but effective solution to this problem. These Valve Spring Locators provide a thin, hardened steel alloy seat that will not only protect the head and shim, but also locate and hold the spring in place. Previously, this part has been available only in a cup form with the retaining portion being on the outside of the part. This required that the head be machined a great deal to accept this cup so COMP now offers an I.D. locator with the locating shoulder on the inside, as
Product Description & Reviews
COMP Cams offers a simple but effective solution to this problem. These Valve Spring Locators provide a thin, hardened steel alloy seat that will not only protect the head and shim, but also locate and hold the spring in place. Previously, this part has been available only in a cup form with the retaining portion being on the outside of the part. This required that the head be machined a great deal to accept this cup so COMP now offers an I.D. locator with the locating shoulder on the inside, as well as the spring cup.
Features & Highlights
- Race Ready - Older style standard shims will not hold up to extreme spring pressures and high RPM's found in today's street and racing engines. COMP's hardened steel alloy seat ensures spring stability, durability and high RPM performance.
- Fewer Shims, More Stability - Stacking shims is not the best way to set up valve springs to their appropriate installed height. Since they are available in multiple locator thicknesses, these locators eliminate the need to stack shims, while also adding to valvetrain stability and durability.
- Protect Your Head - Valve springs should never be installed directly on aluminum heads. Protect your expensive cylinder heads by installing springs on our hardened steel spring locators.
- Made to Measure - Made for both factory and aftermarket cylinder head dimensions, these spring seats are available for nearly any engine. With options in multiple O.D.'s (outside diameters), I.D.'s (inside diameters) and thicknesses, COMP has a locator to fit your valvetrain project.
- Precision Machined for Consistency - Crafted in-house, using the best machining equipment, COMP Cams seats and locators are precision machined to ensure consistent thickness and inside/outside diameters for a perfect fit everytime.
- Quality Guaranteed - COMP Cams' valve spring locators are made from a hardened steel alloy that not only protects expensive cylinder heads but also ensures the durability of valve springs, valve guides and retainers. Held to the tightest tolerances in the industry, our locators are a worthwhile investment for your next spring change.
- Works well with our 925 and 939 springs plus other springs with a maximum OD of 1.550" and .690" ID.
- Made in USA
5.5 x 1.3 x 8.5 inches
3 x 2 x 4.2 inches
Have questions about this item (4771-16), or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Comp Cams, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
mpn: TS05052001, ean: 9329677010282,
While a majority of Turbosmart products are used on street cars, the design and testing procedure is identical to the high-end purpose-made racing products. Turbosmart products are subjected to a range of tests performed in the most demanding environ...
mpn: 4716, ean: 0036584072980,
Most high performance engines today require the use of larger-than-stock diameter valve springs. This 1.320 inch Spring Seat Cutter for installing larger springs and hardened spring seats on GM Vortec Heads will allow the engine builder to machine th...
mpn: 529-16, ean: 0036584125075,
COMP Cams offers a complete line of valve stem seals, from the umbrella seals to the positive-stop seal. These seals are a must to keep unwanted oil from entering the combustion chamber through the clearance in the valve guides. We also have a smalle...
mpn: 92616, ean: 0036584270409,
Single Outer Valve Springs from COMP Cams allow you to build the perfect spring assembly for your application. The valve spring creation process is far more involved than most people realize. Selecting the right metal stock and creating the best desi...