COMP Cams 4705-16 ID Spring Locators - 1.300'' OD, .570'' ID, .060'' Thickness
Huge Savings Item! Save 17% on the COMP Cams 4705-16 ID Spring Locators - 1.300'' OD, .570'' ID, .060'' Thickness by Comp Cams at Split Racing. MPN: 4705-16. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The old standard shims will not hold up to the extreme spring pressures and high RPM in today’s race engines. COMP Cams offers a simple but effective solution to this problem. These Valve Spring Locators provide a thin, hardened steel alloy seat that will not only protect the head and shim, but also locate and hold the spring in place. Previously, this part has been available only in a cup form with the retaining portion being on the outside of the part. This required that the head be machined
Product Description & Reviews
The old standard shims will not hold up to the extreme spring pressures and high RPM in today’s race engines. COMP Cams offers a simple but effective solution to this problem. These Valve Spring Locators provide a thin, hardened steel alloy seat that will not only protect the head and shim, but also locate and hold the spring in place. Previously, this part has been available only in a cup form with the retaining portion being on the outside of the part. This required that the head be machined a great deal to accept this cup so COMP now offers an I.D. locator with the locating shoulder on the inside, as well as the spring cup.
Features & Highlights
- Race Ready - Older style standard shims will not hold up to extreme spring pressures and high RPM's found in today's street and racing engines. COMP's hardened steel alloy seat ensures spring stability, durability and high RPM performance.
- Fewer Shims, More Stability - Stacking shims is not the best way to set up valve springs to their appropriate installed height. Since they are available in multiple locator thicknesses, these locators eliminate the need to stack shims, while also adding to valvetrain stability and durability.
- Protect Your Head - Valve springs should never be installed directly on aluminum heads. Protect your expensive cylinder heads by installing springs on our hardened steel spring locators.
- Made to Measure - Made for both factory and aftermarket cylinder head dimensions, these spring seats are available for nearly any engine. With options in multiple O.D.'s (outside diameters), I.D.'s (inside diameters) and thicknesses, COMP has a locator to fit your valvetrain project.
- Precision Machined for Consistency - Crafted in-house, using the best machining equipment, COMP Cams seats and locators are precision machined to ensure consistent thickness and inside/outside diameters for a perfect fit everytime.
- Quality Guaranteed - COMP Cams' valve spring locators are made from a hardened steel alloy that not only protects expensive cylinder heads but also ensures the durability of valve springs, valve guides and retainers. Held to the tightest tolerances in the industry, our locators are a worthwhile investment for your next spring change.
- Works well with springs with up to 1.300" OD and .875" ID.
- Made in USA
3.22 x 1.81 x 5.51 inches
3.7 x 2.2 x 6.4 inches
Have questions about this item (4705-16), or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Comp Cams, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
mpn: 99475-1, ean: 0021174159356,
Crane Cams Valve Spring Compressor for Chevy LS features a valve spring compressor - Ch. L92/LS3 V8.Valve Spring Compressor - Head-On - Bolt-On - Steel - Natural - L92 / LS3 - Small Block Chevy / GM LS-Series - Kit.
mpn: 92416, ean: 0036584271840,
Dual Valve Springs from COMP Cams are manufactured from Super Cleanwire and subject to extensive quality control testing to deliver a valve spring assembly with superior strength, durability and valve train stability, no matter what the application. ...
mpn: 26918-16, ean: 0036584077473,
With a .625 inch maximum lift, these Beehive Valve Springs were designed for hydraulic roller cams in LS1, LS2 and LS6 engines. COMP Cams Beehive Valve Springs deliver increased valve train stability and a much lighter valve train. This is achieved w...
mpn: ARP-434-7609, ean: 0672036014230,
Automotive Racing Products (ARP) started in 1968, in Southern California. Their product line includes everything from engine and driveline fasteners for OEM replacement parts to exotic specialty hardware for the Formula 1, Indycar, NASCAR, NHRA Drag ...